The most stressful time of year is quickly approaching and sometimes it seems impossible to make it out of the semester alive and well. On the bright side, it’s almost over and soon you’ll be free (for a few months, at least). Believe it or not, there are plenty of things you could do to make your last few weeks and preparation for your finals easier and less stressful.
- Don’t wait until the last minute! Preparing for finals is definitely something that takes time to master, but as the semesters go on you’ll eventually get the hang of it. Managing your time is the most important during these last few weeks, and it’s important to map out everything you need to do, and plan time IN ADVANCE to get it all done. More than half the students who stress about finals wait until finals week to start studying and finish up their last assignments; don’t let this be you. You’ll thank yourself later (and me for this advice 🙂 )
- Find a quiet place to work. This is not the time to hit up the library with your friends. Find a quiet and comfortable place by yourself to work, and avoid distractions at all costs. It’s always nice to give yourself some nice scenery, especially in the spring semester. Sitting outside brings good vibes and may lessen the stress your feeling.
- Stay hydrated and eat nutritious meals. Just because it’s finals doesn’t mean to stop taking care of yourself and your body. Your brain functions according to what energy you supply it; don’t deprive your brain power especially at a time like this! Believe it or not, energy drinks are not your friend. They will give you a boost of energy for just so long until you crash. Stay hydrated with water, tea, and the occasional morning coffee.
- SLEEP. This is one thing that students forget in college especially during finals. Pulling all nighters is not going to help you get an A on an exam. If you manage your time well, you’ll have time to sleep and give your body the rest it deserves. Being well rested will help you accomplish everything you need to during the day.
- Prioritize! When I say this, I mean it’s time to give up some things that you’d normally do throughout the week. Netflix will still be there when finals are over, and so will your friends. This isn’t the time to binge watch series and go out partying. There will be plenty of time for all the fun stuff once the semester is over.
After your first and second semester, you’ll have this whole finals thing down pat. Just like everything else in college, it takes time getting used to. Although these tips are helpful, you will come up with even more ways to keep yourself and task and find what works best for you. I hope these words of advice help you in the conclusion of the semester. Good luck!! XOXO